1. Walk your dog on a 6ft leash.
2. Avoid rocky or dense brush areas.
3. Know dog rattlesnake bite symptoms
5. If you encounter a rattlesnake calmly and slowly back
away from the snake until you are out of striking
distance. Thencarefully leave the area.
6. If your dog or cat is bitten by a rattlesnake limit his/her
physical activity. Carry the pet to the car (if you are able)
and get them to the veterinarian immediately.
Safety tips for you and your pet if you should encounter a rattlesnake while you are out and about-
This year in Yerington and surrounding areas the rattlesnakes are out in full force. We have already seen multiple cases for rattlesnake bites and have had a lot of reports of rattlesnake sitings in the area. We offer the rattlesnake vaccine to help protect your dog, ask us how we can help you today!!
405 S. Main Street
Yerington NV 89447